Saturday, December 6, 2008

College Week 15 Projections


WOW! What an experience it was to cover Phil Fulmer’s last game as Tennessee’s head coach. Neyland Stadium was also quite a sight to see, 107,000 seats, the stadium looks as if it reaches the sky and is truly a pilgrimage any college sports fan should make. Broadcasting such a memorable game was quite an amazing experience for me personally as a broadcast journalist…Here is just one story that might appeal to Cats fans as they anxiously await Bowl Selection Sunday---

Sitting in the Press box, surrounded by the Tennessee media I struck up a conversation in regards to the Bowl process and which SEC school should land where when all is said and done. From behind me a man asked to see what I was projecting. He was quite surprised as he said that my projections were all dead on and that Kentucky was going to pick the LIBERTY BOWL since they have been to the Music City Bowl two years in a row and want something different. I looked up at him and noticed he was wearing a Liberty Bowl Patch. He was apart of the selection committee. This inside information made me ecstatic because for the past month I have been projecting every possible scenario and to know that I was pretty much right on is quite a good personal feeling….

Though its still not certain and I have been tossing around the idea that the Cats might still accept the bid to Nashville because of the bad economy, I must say I am anticipating as eagerly as the rest of Big Blue Nation to see which bowl we will be attending for the 2008-2009 Bowl season….

Now here are my regular season game selections…

Last Week- 10-3

Overall- 75-43

Big East- Cincinnati o Hawaii

Pac 10- USC o UCLA

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP- Boston College o Virginia Tech

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP- Florida o Alabama

UPSET SPECIAL

-BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP-

Missouri o Oklahoma

No comments: