Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Playoff Baseball Projections!?!

Major League Baseball PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS-

Just as the FALL is in the air, baseball season is hitting the post season. Its such a special time of the year…

Since my summer internship with FOX Sports Radio, I have been a Tampa Bay Rays fan. They were the MAIN team that continually would appear on my show thanks to the emails and messages sent to the organization. Since they came on my show, I became a huge fan and have stayed onto of all thing RAYS. I am partial to them, however, keeping somewhat neutral…here are my 2008 Baseball Playoff Projections---

American League--

(1) Angels v (4) Red Sox- The ANGELS have traditionally struggled with the SOX in the playoffs…BUT this is a different YEAR! During the season the ANGELS beat Boston 8 of 9 meeting this year and POUNDED the SOX 61-33. The MID-SEASON pick up of Mark Texerria was a BIG MOVE…SOX will get crushed and the HALOS will ADVANCE to the ALCS. PROJECTION: ANGELS in 4

(2) Rays v (3) White Sox- Rays have had a magical season…I project that outsiders will doubt this Tampa team again…which is what has occurred all year…They will surprise again and Manager Chuck Maddon will advance his upstart RAYS to the ALCS… PROJECTION- RAYS in 4

National League

(1) Cubs v (3) Dodgers- I don’t want to pick this series…the DODGERS have not won a playoff series since 1988…I think they win one and the CUBS choke it away…DODGERS are playing hot when it matters PROJECTION- DODGERS in 4

(2) Phillies v (4) Brewers- Milwakkee is on a high…Philadelphia promised its city a World Series…IF Ben Sheets can regain form…Brewers will win, BUT its unlikely and C.C is burned out…Projections-- PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES to the NLCS in 4

No comments: